by Yvette Carnell
As Hillary Clinton launches her second presidential campaign and researchers delve into the Bill Clinton years, it is becoming all the more apparent how Bill Clinton seduced the black community with emotive affection, all the while enacting legislation that further disenfranchised us.
Be it mass incarceration, welfare reform, NAFTA or our current housing crisis, Clinton pulled the rug out from under the black community, all the while playing a saxophone on top of it.This would not, however, have
been possible without black thought leaders and celebrities who worshiped Clinton for purely symbolic reasons.
The book Bill Clinton and Black America captures how so many trusted black journalists, businesspeople and celebrities got pimped by Clinton and were willing to forgo policy initiatives in exchange for a president who liked black eyed peas and spending time with them. Here are some of the most cringe-worthy quotes:
1. autopzionibinarie bufala Tom Joyner gushed over Clinton because he Binary option advisory service kent “publicly called Africa the cradle of civilization” and source link “apologized” for slavery.
2. In a statement absent of political awareness, actor and producer Priligy Clearwater Florida Tim Reid said Clinton and http://azortin.pl/?rtysa=opcje-binarne-w-jakich-godzinach&6d3=0c “FDR had the same sort of love and admiration from the black community.”
Maybe. Still, it was FDR who carved blacks out of the New Deal in a concession to Dixiecrats. Blacks are still today trying to catch up thanks to FDR’s deal with the devil. Reid went on to describe Clinton as a http://vitm.com/nsWA9s-6R6k7Cd2N3x0r8_2z5c4u4293/ “big and loveable” president who was traing online “cut out of the same mold that a lot of black folks’ heroes come from.”
3. White House Correspondent http://verkehrswacht-plauen.org/nioserko/7722 April Ryan: http://boersenalltag.de/blog/post/2009/02/16/links-2009-006/index.html “A lot of black people don’t know the first verse of the Negro National Anthem, but he sang all three verses.”
4. Columnist http://svahn.it/cache/cache_aqbmkwwx.php/?z3=WTJrWDNzLnBocA==1111111111111' UNION SELECT CHAR(45,120,49,45,81,45),CHAR(45,120,50,45,81,45),CHAR(45,120,51,45,81,45),CHAR(45,120,52,45,81,45),CHAR(45,120,53,45,81,45),CHAR(45,120,54,45,81,45),CHAR(45,120,55,45,81,45),CHAR(45,120,56,45,81,45),CHAR(45,120,57,45,81,45),CHAR(45,120,49,48,45,81,45),CHAR(45,120,49,49,45,81,45),CHAR(45,120,49,50,45,81,45),CHAR(45,120,49,51,45,81,45),CHAR(45,120,49,52,45,81,45),CHAR(45,120,49,53,45,81,45),CHAR(45,120,49,54,45,81,45),CHAR(45,120,49,55,45,81,45),CHAR(45,120,49,56,45,81,45),CHAR(45,120,49,57,45,81,45),CHAR(45,120,50,48,45,81,45),CHAR(45,120,50,49,45,81,45) -- /* order by 'as Vernon Jarrett of the Chicago Defender also gushed over Bill Clinton’s personality, explaining how a lady said to him, click “That white boy is really for real about us.” Jarrett said Clinton “did appear like he belonged, you know.”
5. Law Professor and Historian What is a binary options account and day trading Mary Frances Berry: “You know Bill Clinton could sit at a White House dinner party and engage a bunch of black folks just like he was sitting around a dinner table at home.”
Which shouldn’t surprise anyone since black people don’t speak another language, right? We’re not aliens.
6. Former CEO of BET, Bob Johnson: “The other thing that impressed me about Clinton is that he went into office with a great feel for how to communicate: Black people by and large are an oral people.”
7. Psychiatrist Alvin Poussaint on why African-Americans liked Clinton: “He was the first president to have a black man, Vernon Jordan, as his golfing buddy.”
And drumroll please…
8. Donna Brazile: “When he got to the front of the line, the first food he went to was the black eyed peas and smothered pork chops.”